Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baked BBQ Black Eyed Peas


My husband got me a new cookbook for Christmas, Vegan Soul Kitchen. Since Black Eyed Peas bring good luck for the New Year, I decided to make this recipe.

We had veggie burgers and french fries with the beans. It was such a good dinner and very kid friendly. My kids loved the burgers. My husband said they were really good and reminded him of the burgers they served at his elementary school cafeteria. He swears this is a compliment, but I'm not so sure.

The beans took time, but the recipe was easy. I will make this again for sure. It would be a wonderful potluck contribution as well.

The next day, I was reheating some beans and my husband and older son were in the room. They both stared at my plate and said, "those beans were so good!". My three year olds thoughts, "Mama! You know I don't like beans! Why'd you put these on my plate!?!?". Oh well, maybe next year he'll like beans. No good luck for him in 2011.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment