Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lahmajoon


Lahmajoon, also known as Armenian pizza, is one of our favorite Armenian meals. I haven't found many Armenian meals turned vegan. I was thrilled to find this recipe. It's typically made with lamb. I haven't found any faux lamb, so I used faux ground beef crumbles from Boca.

I made it for my son's immigration project. My family loved it and my son said his classmates said it was delicious and wished they had more.

Preparing this meal is fast, cooking it takes a long time, simply because you can only fit one or two pizzas in the oven at a time. My great grandmother used to prepare the pizzas and my great grandfather would sit in front of the oven. His job was to take the done pizzas out, and put the new pizzas in.

Enjoy!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment