Monday, May 3, 2010

Lemon Pasta

I got this recipe from this website The Pioneer Woman . I love this lady she has a great love story and lives on a ranch and she used to be a vegetarian!

DSC01487

Ingredients

  • 1 pound thin spaghetti
  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
  • 12 ounces Tofutti better then sour cream
  • ½ teaspoons sea salt
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Parsley, chopped
  • Extra lemon juice
  • Shrimp (optional)

 

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.

In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. I added raw shrimp at this point and cooked it. Turn off heat.

Add Tofutti sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)

When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.

This dish was delicious and so easy to make!! It was very light as well, so a great summer time meal!!

Brittney

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Melissa here. I made this tonight and it was so good. The kids had seconds. I had 3rds. Oops. I'm so stuffed! We have a ton left over still. Instead of shrimp, I used peas. Instead of butter and parmesan I used vegan butter and vegan parmesan. I also used dried parsley. Mine was a little less creamy because I didn't have a full container on hand of sour cream, so I used a bit less.

    ReplyDelete