Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fresh Tomato Pasta



Today I looked in my fridge and I found onion, garlic, parsley, and a whole bunch of tomatoes that looked like there were going to turn bad in a couple of days. So I decided to make up a recipe.

You can alter the amounts based on how much of each flavor you want. But here's how I did it. My 12 year old had 3rds he liked it so much.

2 TBSP red onion-minced
1 large clove garlic-minced

Saute these until garlic is very lightly browned over medium heat with some oil. I did maybe 1-2 minutes.

2 sprigs of parsley chopped
4-6 whole tomatoes diced
1 cup of olive oil
dash of pepper
pinch of sea salt
4 pepperoncini's (banana peppers)-diced
2 dried bay leaves, diced

Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and cover. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Cook any kind of pasta that you want. Drain it and mix it with the sauce.

Very light summer dish. Enjoy.

I also thought some black olives and pine nuts would be good in this. Try adding a splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar too. Maybe fresh mushrooms. Mmmm. The possibilities are endless.

Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment