Monday, August 9, 2010

Seafood Pesto Pasta


So my fiancé gets Family Circle magazine, I'm not sure why, but there are some great recipes in it!! Tonight we had Seafood Pesto Pasta. It was a very quick to prepare, and we both loved it!! I didn't take my own picture of it, so I am borrowing the picture from the Family Circle website!! While on the website I found 3 more vegetarian recipes to make!!! Check it out by clicking HERE



Ingredients
  • 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1 pound frozen bay scallops
  • 3/4 pound frozen raw, peeled medium-size shrimp
  • 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth (I used vegetable broth)
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 3 sprigs parsley
  • 1 thick slice onion
  • 1 thick slice lemon
  • 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
  • 7 tablespoons reduced-fat basil pesto (such as Buitoni)

Directions

1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange broccoli on bottom of bowl, then top with frozen scallops and shrimp. Pour broth and wine over top, then add parsley, onion and lemon. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours. Drain and discard parsley, onion and lemon.

2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package, 7 minutes; reserve 1/2 cup water. Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl.

3. Add seafood and pesto to pasta; toss well to combine, adding pasta water by the tablespoonful, if needed.


Brittney

3 comments:

  1. "While on the website I found 3 more vegetarian recipes to make!!!"
    ...not really sure how this is vegetarian?? Did you mean to post this recipe to a different blog? It says on the info for this blog that it's a vegan/vegetarian blog...just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney still eats seafood. Some vegetarians do that. Melissa eats it sometimes too but really tries not too. We're not perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it isnt' about perfection, I just didn't know if you had more than one blog with different recipes on it! I'm vegan, but my fiance is a pescetarian (only eats fish), so I was actually going to ask next if you had a seafood site or if it was all on this vegan/vegetarian site. I'm allergic to seafood, but my man is always looking for recipes with it.

    ReplyDelete