Monday, October 4, 2010

Beet Soup

Remember in my previous post about my overabundance of beets from my bountiful basket? Well, I still have a bunch and they are still as good as new. So I found this recipe from Lisa's Kitchen.

Revisions: I used safflower oil instead of olive oil. I used half an onion and a stalk of celery. I used bulgur instead of barley, which didn't need to be presoaked. I used black eyed peas (beans) instead of black beans (I did soak them). I don't have fresh cracked pepper, so I just used regular black pepper. Just a few dashes. Instead of tamari I used Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids. I used a few dashes of dill weed instead of 1/2 cup of fresh dill. I left out the feta.

I had this with a side salad and garlic toast. My favorites. Yum.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment