Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mega-Garlic Pasta



This recipe comes from the cookbook, "Saving Dinner The Vegetarian Way".

It serves six so I cut the recipe in half. I still have an insane amount of leftovers.

The following is the original recipe.

12 oz linguine
4 tbsp olive oil
12 garlic cloves, pressed
3 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 tbsp of oil (I used safflower) over medium-low heat. Add garlic, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper and saute till garlic is tender.

Toss pasta with remaining 2 tbsp oil (I used olive), basil, and garlic mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

The kids really loved this one. I did too. I'm already looking forward to leftovers.

Melissa

PS See the beets in the salad? I am still using the beets from bountiful baskets from 3 weeks ago. They are delicious but I'm getting sick of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment