Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bitchin' Breakfast Burrito




This was so filling. It comes from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.

My husband is the worlds pickiest eater, and he loved it.

14 - 16 ounces frim or extra firm tofu, crumbled with hands or fork (make sure you drain it well)
2 cloves garlic, minced.
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
8 ounces vegan breakfast sausage, crumbled (morning star is so good I kept rereading the back to make sure it wasn't actually meat)
1 russet potato cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 (15 oz) can black or pinto beans, drained (I used black)
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies drained ( I forgot to buy any)
4 whole wheat tortillas
4 oz vegan cheddar or jack cheese, shredded (I skipped this b/c I wasn't in the mood)
1 1/2 to 2 cups salsa ( I used mild)

In a large bowl, combine tofu, garlic, yeast flakes, tamari or soy sauce, turmeric, salt, and pepper. set aside

In a skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook according to package directions. Transfer sausage to tofu mixture.

Add 1/2 tabelspoon coconut oil to skillet and melt over medium heat. Add potato and cook 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add beans and chiles, stir until heated through.

Stir in tofu mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally 3-4 minutes.

Place mixture and some salsa in tortilla and fold it if you can. I bought tortillas that were too small. Oops. It still tasted great!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment