Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes



Yes! A vegan can eat pancakes.

Peta has a vegetarian starter kit.

This recipe comes from them.

I tweeked it a little.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour (I think white flour is so bad for us, so I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour)
3 Tbsp sugar (vegan cane)
3 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups vanilla soy milk
3 Tbsp canola or safflower oil (I used safflower)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

combine dry ingredients in a bowl and sift together. add soy milk and oil. Mix till smooth.

Ladle on to hot griddle, add frozen blueberries, cook for 2-3 minutes per side.

serve with fresh blueberries (and strawberries!)

So good. It was made even better with the maple syrup that my uncle brings me annually from New York.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment