Thursday, March 25, 2010

Broccoli Tofu Divan


Tonight's dinner came from Saving Dinner the Vegetarian Way by Leanne Ely.

I have to admit, we didn't love it.

It was too moist. Also, the recipe said to use a 9 inch pie pan, and it was too small. I ended up with a mess. A casserole dish would have been better.

It was still tasty and filling and I'll eat leftovers. But it wasn't to die for and I wouldn't make it again.

The ingredients were broccoli, tofu, flour, milk (I used rice milk), butter (I used earth balance soy garden), Cheddar cheese (I used Follow your heart vegan cheddar), mustard, onion, salt, pepper, grape juice, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese (I used vegan parmesan).

You heat the milk, flour, and butter in a saucepan and add onions, mustard, cheddar, salt, pepper and grape juice. Then you spoon the sauce over the broccoli and tofu (maybe I used too much).

Then you add the bread crumbs and parmesan to the top and bake it at 375 for 25 minutes.

The couscous was made with lemon juice and dill and I got the recipe here. We all liked the couscous and I wish I had made more for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment