Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green Beans and Carrots in a Tarragon Vinaigrette (and other stuff too)





Dinner tonight is very kid friendly. It comes from Vegan Lunch Box. The concept of this cookbook is to create healthy lunches for kids. But I use it once a week to make dinner.

I created a recipe in the book under the quick and easy chapter. It called for mini bagels with vegan cream cheese. Green beans and carrots in a tarragon vinaigrette. Red Grapes. Animal crackers or alphabet cookies.

To make the green beans and carrots you just boil them for 4 minutes, drain, and toss in vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is made with lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, olive oil, tarragon and black pepper.

My kids ate every bite. My toddler said, "mmm this is good mama!", as he bit into his green beans.

I love this cookbook because it is so kid friendly. My kids get a kick out of it. It's a lot of fun to prepare.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment