Monday, March 15, 2010

Eggplant










Every two weeks I (Melissa) order Bountiful Baskets. This week I got an eggplant. I have eaten eggplant Parmesan and Baba Ghannouge. But I have never bought or cooked eggplant before. So I googled, "vegan eggplant recipes easy". I wanted to make a snack. I didn't want to make it into a meal because I already have my meals planned for the week.

I decided to try the first recipe I found. You can see it here. I used safflower oil instead of olive oil. I also used a lot more garlic than she recommends. I love garlic. I used organic soy sauce instead of tamari, because I haven't bought tamari yet.

While these babies cooked my stomach grumbled like you wouldn't believe!

And the taste of them afterwards? OMG. Pure bliss. That's all I have to say. I will make these again for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment