Monday, March 29, 2010

A Light Dinner


After working 12 hours, sometimes I come home and run for 20-30 minutes. My husband and I went for a 30 minute run last night when I got home from work. I wasn't hungry, but I knew I should eat something for my body's sake. So I grabbed some frozen green beans, fresh plum tomatoes, and frozen edamame. I warmed up the frozen veggies and mixed everything together in some lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, black pepper, and sea salt. I sprinkled some nutritional yeast on too. Nutritional yeast is not a yeast that you would use in bread. But it is very important for vegans to have. It has a nutty flavor, but in some foods you can't taste it at all.

I also reheated some sweet potato fries and left over kabacha squash. I had baked the squash a couple of days ago. I tossed the squash in brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Then I drizzled it with agave syrup. I cooked it in the oven at 400 for about 25 minutes. Delicious.

This dinner was perfect with a glass of unsweetened coconut milk. Dessert was a scoop of plain soy ice cream with some vegan chocolate chips, and a drizzle of peanut butter. Perfect.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment