Monday, March 15, 2010

Why Melissa doesn't eat processed sugar

It all started in 1979 when my mom decided not to give me processed sugar till I was 2. LOL.

It was all downhill from there. I was a little bit addicted to it. Several years ago I started having panic attacks. I did a food diary and figured out my trigger was when I ate something with processed sugar. I ignored this and started taking meds instead. Then I decided to quit. I used breathing and yoga instead.

Well, then I thought I could have crappy food in moderation. Well, then I'd make excuses, one treat a day started to equal, it's been a shitty day so I'll eat more. Then the panic attacks started again. I listened to my body, quit processed sugar, and have not had one single panic attack.

I'll still eat junk food occasionally, but it's junk food I have made. Otherwise I want to know what the ingredients are. I don't feel deprived. I feel happy. I feel like I am me.

After all of that, I learned a little bit about refined sugar. You can read about it here. Makes even more sense to not have it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment