Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mexican Adventure


Instead of posting my meals on Facebook, I (Melissa) will start posting them here.

This dinner comes from Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann.

It's Spanish Empanadas (the dough is homemade and my second attempt, that's why it's not so pretty, but it was so good). The inside is vegan ground beef, taco flavored. It's a vegetable protein. My meat eating husband ate it and said he liked it because the consistency was similar to ground beef.

The rest of the meal is red rice and black beans. Along side of that is Jicama and Mango tossed with lime juice, salt, and dried cayenne. It was supposed to be made with cucumber too, but it went bad. Target produce sucks.

We had lemonade to wash it down with. Perfect treat.

I had leftovers while I typed this and it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment